12.06.2007

Donald Miller made me think...

I read this book about how the most important thing about being a Christian is love. Love for Jesus and love for others. I agree with it I really do. And while I type this The Beatles song, All you need is love, is playing in my head. But is that all you really need? There are plenty of verses to support this theory; Read 1 John 4:7-12, 1 Corinthians 13:1-8, 1, John 15:12-14, 17 and many more. But can you have love without law? Can you justly enforce the law without love? John 15:10 says, "If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love." "If you keep My commandments..." We cannot truly love Jesus if we do not desire to follow Him and His commandments.

We say we are followers of Christ. But do we seek Him? Do we lead our lives in a way fit to be called followers of the one true God? I hope I do. Love can only be felt when we love Christ, we can only fully love Christ when we accept that we need to follow His commandments to the best of our ability. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we have to be perfect, we couldn't even if we tried. But I am saying that we have to long, we have to strive to be like Christ. And Christ followed the commandments of His Father. Shouldn't we?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

#1. I like Donald Miller...(who is he again?)ok, maybe more that I like how Donald Miller makes you think.
#2. If only people would stop trying to work around the commandments and just focus on building a loving relationship with their Savior, then they wouldnt have to or want to struggle with keeping the law. it would come naturally.
#3. I like your pensiveness on the subject Dely. Good work I say. Good work indeed. ;)